Refusal of meat food causes lively debate. Some consider this a wrong decision, leading to disease; Supporters think that these products are not at all necessary for the person. One way or another, protein for vegans is needed just like for meat-eaters. Alphabolin 5 ampoules 100mg/ml is especially important for athletes gaining muscle mass.
Animal and vegetable protein: is there a difference?
Scientists have not yet put a point in this matter. For a long time it was believed that in meat, milk, fish, eggs there are essential amino acids. At the same time, non-meat food also contains protein, but of a different nature – vegetable. He was considered secondary to the animal. Those. he, according to nutritionists, could not replace the animal.
However, people who have refused food of animal origin do not experience any health problems. Moreover, the world knows vegan athletes who are not inferior in performance to meat eaters.
Modern studies (conducted by scientists from Sweden and Germany, the Max Planck Institute) have proved that animal and vegetable protein are equivalent. A few facts:
- nuts, seeds have the same set of amino acids;
- they are perfectly absorbed by man, being a source of fiber and fat;
- A balanced vegan diet can provide a person with a normal level of protein.
Therefore, it can be said, without touching the ethical side of the issue, that there is protein in plant foods and it is not inferior in its properties to the animal. Vegans get enough of all the nutrients if they make up their diet properly.
Vegan Protein: Food Sources
The main source is food. It is a balanced diet that allows you to get the whole complex of vitamins and minerals. The myth has already been debunked that vegans do not receive irreplaceable types of protein.
Vegetable protein for vegans in large quantities is in:
- Seitan. This is wheat gluten, a popular meat substitute. Absorbs the taste of spices and vegetables. Veitan sausages and steaks are made from seitan.
- Nuts. A rich composition of trace elements, fats and vitamins, but high calorie content. When losing weight, use dosed.
- Seeds. The vegan diet can contain hemp, sesame, sunflower, and poppy seeds. And chia is poured with water or juice and eaten as an independent dish.
- Soy. From this culture, milk, tofu (bean curd) and tempeh (fermented beans) are made. In Asia, they love edamame – green soybeans in pods. This is a great snack or side dish, rich in protein.
Vegetable protein for vegans is found in green vegetables, legumes (beans, chickpeas), cocoa cheese, quinoa. Remember that the protein component is not the only one in the diet. It should contain vegetables, fruits, cereals – sources of carbohydrates and fiber, fats and necessary acids.
Instead of coffee and tea for breakfast, prefer a smoothie or cocktail. Take 100 ml of soy (or any vegetable milk), add 50 ml of yogurt, fruit puree (fresh fruit), a sweetener and some nuts. Beat in a blender or shaker. This breakfast will saturate until the next meal.
Athlete-Vegan Diet: Essential Foods and Supplements
In the sports world there are many champions who have abandoned meat. Here are just a few names:
- Mike Tyson
- Serena Williams
- Frank Medrano
- Kate holmes
- Bruce Lee
- BJ Armstrong
It is also worth mentioning Mike Mahler – the world famous trainer in kettlebell lifting, he follows a vegan diet.
A vegan athlete’s diet should be fortified with protein. The norm for an adult is his weight multiplied by a factor of 0.8. Under intense loads, it can increase to 1-2 g per 1 kg.
Because Since vegans do not eat eggs and milk, you have to look for protein in other foods. Traditional protein shakes and most ready-made mixtures are not suitable for them. In the latter there are traces of animal origin.
But this does not mean that vegetable protein for vegans is obtained only from vegetables, fruits and cereals. Athletes should pay attention to analog products made specifically for vegetarians and vegans.
- Vegetable milk. It is made from soybeans, coconut, nuts (almonds). On this basis, they make yogurts, cheese. In almost every supermarket you can find oat, buckwheat milk – it is cheaper than almond and soy.
- Special additives (analogues of finished protein mixtures). They have vegan labeling, do not contain traces of lactose and gluten. Accordingly, there are fats, a minimum of carbohydrates and sugar.
- Vitamins They are developed without components of animal origin, gelatin, iron. The last element in the pharmaceutical industry is obtained from hemoglobin of animals, which is unacceptable. Pet-friendly products have many well-known brands.
Types of Vegetable Protein
All vegan protein is made from plant-based ingredients. It is contained in the relevant products, but in the additive in the form of a concentrate. Protein in one serving from 15-20 g (depending on the manufacturer).
Valuable protein for vegans, almost no methionine. Most similar in effect to whey protein. Rich in lysine, nutritious. Calorie content about 100 calories.
It contains a set of useful components: Iron, Zinc, Magnesium, omega-fats .. The disadvantage of this vegetable protein is a low level of lysine, legumes must be introduced into the diet.
Pumpkin Seed Protein
It has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. There are elements of Iron, Magnesium. Pumpkin is poor in threonine and lysine, so compensating products must be selected.
Brown Rice Protein
This vegetable protein for vegans is similar in effect to whey: it has a balanced amount of methionine and BCAA. Using this protein, you can simultaneously lose weight and gain muscle mass. Easy to digest, but contains an incomplete set of the necessary amino acids.
Perfectly replaces whey and egg. It has many substances suitable for athletes. It does not contain cholesterol. Received from soy. A portion of the additive accounts for 22 g of protein.
Sunflower Seed Protein
A relatively new product in the field of vegan sports. The only negative is the lack of lysine, so sunflower protein is combined with quinoa. 28 g of protein contains 13 g of protein.
Inca Inchi Seed Protein
In just 28 g of the product, 17 g of protein is one of the most saturated options for vegetarians. There are all essential amino acids except lysine, as well as arginine, linolenic acid and omega-fats.
Chia Seed Protein
28 g account for 10 g of protein, poor in lysine. Also composed of fiber, biotin, chromium. Protein from Spanish sage is not the cheapest of all concentrates, but it is perfectly absorbed in the body.
Among vegan athletes, such mixtures are popular:
- Sequel Naturals Vega ONE ;
- Garden Of Life RAW Protein ;
- Sun Warrior Raw Protein.
Jars with different tastes are available, so everyone can choose according to their taste. When choosing, carefully read the composition and make sure it is a vegan product.
You can also find a large selection of food for vgan on the website of MyProtein , which delivers its products to the CIS countries almost for free and always provides a huge amount of bonuses and gifts.
You need to take protein for vegans according to the usual scheme, which depends on the type of exercise and the purpose of the sport. Do not abuse protein: its excess harms the kidneys, liver, and digestive tract. Vegans can make homemade protein shakes from similar foods: soy milk, yogurt, fruits, nuts. You can sweeten with cane sugar.
This post was originally published on The Picayune Current