The investigation in advance on the disappearance of the journalist saudi Jamal Khashoggi. It is now the daily Turkish newspaper Yeni Safak, which explains to have had access to a sound recording, revealing that he was tortured before being “beheaded” in the consulate of his country in Istanbul. The newspaper specifies that his fingers would have been cut by saudi arabian agents. It has then been “beheaded,” according to the daily pro-government, which does not specify how he had access to these records.

Some media, including the Washington Post which wrote that Mr. Khashoggi had previously reported the existence of audio and video recordings proving that the journalist had been ” interrogated, tortured and then killed inside the consulate, before his body was dismembered. But this is the first time that media Turkish said to have had access to such records. According to Yeni Safak, the consul of saudi arabia Mohammad Al-Otaibi can be heard on one of the records, saying : “do it outside, you are going to get me in trouble “. What an unidentified individual responded : “If you want to live when you come back in saudi Arabia, tais-toi. “Mohammad Al-Otaibi has left Istanbul on Tuesday.

info site online Middle East Eye said, citing a source who has had access to the audio recording of the last moments of the journalist, Jamal Khashoggi was taken into the office of the consul. According to this source, ” there has been no attempt at interrogation. They had come to kill him”, and the consul himself was out of the room. A forensic pathologist, identified as Salah al-Tubaigy and that was part of the fifteen Saudis to be dispatched to Riyadh to Istanbul that day, according to several media outlets, then began to cut out the body of Jamal Khashoggi is still alive, according to the source of Middle East Eye. While he was doing this, Salah al-Tubaigy started to listen to music using headphones. “When I do this work, I listen to music. You should (do) as “, we hear on the recording, according to the same source. The assassination lasted seven minutes, ” says Middle East Eye.

One close to the crown prince of saudi arabia

earlier, the New York Times revealed that one of the men identified by Turkey as part of the responsible would be close to the crown prince of saudi arabia Mohammed bin Salman.

Read also : Turkey: mysterious disappearance of a journalist from saudi-arabia

According to the american journal, which publishes several photographs to support his claims, Maher Abdulaziz Mutreb has in particular accompanied the prince during his travels around the United States in march 2018, as well as in Madrid and Paris in April 2018. The Turkish authorities have released a photo of him arriving at the airport of Istanbul.

the One who is nicknamed ” MBS ” and his father, king Salman has denied any knowledge of the fate of the journalist of saudi arabia, which is installed in the United States in 2017, after falling into disgrace at the court of the prince. He no longer gave signs of life after entering the consulate of his country in Istanbul for administrative procedures on 2 October. According to the Turkish authorities, he was murdered on these premises by a team from saudi Arabia. Riyadh ensures so far that he has left the diplomatic representation shortly after, but has not been able to provide the evidence.

The New York Times adds that three other suspects – that he identifies himself as Abdulaziz Mohammed al-Hawsawi, Thaar Ghaleb al-Harbi and Muhammad Saad Alzahrani – have been linked by witnesses or other sources in the security services attached to the prince of 33 years. And a fifth man, a forensic pathologist identified as Salah al-Tubaigy, has occupied positions of high responsibilities in the saudi ministry of the Interior and in the medical sector of saudi arabia, “continues the journal, highlighting that” a character of this stature could not be directed by an authority saudi arabian of high rank “.

To a recognition by saudi Arabia ?

The newspaper claims to have confirmed himself that ” at least nine of the fifteen (suspects) have been working for the saudi secret services of security forces, the army or other government departments “. For the New York Times, the position of the suspect within the saudi government and the links of several of them with the prince “could make it much more difficult to absolve it of any responsibility” in the disappearance of Jamal Khashoggi. “And the presence of a medical examiner specializing in autopsies suggests that the operation could have been prepared with an objective fatal from the beginning,” notes the journal.

According to the Washington Post, Ankara has told the United States to hold audio and video recordings showing how Jamal Khashoggi had been ” interrogated, tortured and then killed inside the consulate, before his body was dismembered. The american media had reported Monday night that saudi Arabia was planning to recognize that the journalist of 59 years had died during an interrogation that went wrong at the consulate.

Read also the Disappearance of Jamal Khashoggi : Erdogan and Trump put the pressure on Riyadh

According to CNN, citing two anonymous sources, Riyadh prepare a report attempting to minimize his involvement in the disappearance of the employee of the Washington Post. The report, has advanced one of these sources, concludes that the operation was conducted “without authorization or transparency,” and that ” the individuals involved will be held accountable “.

The us secretary of State Mike Pompeo is expected this Wednesday in Turkey after obtaining the saudi leaders the assurance of their willingness to clarify the case. “I think, at the end of these meetings, that there is a serious commitment to determining all the facts and to ensure that accountabilities are established, including the responsibility of leaders or senior officials of saudi Arabia “, said in a statement the head of the american diplomacy.

echoing tweets from the president Trump, who was invited by phone to the dinner that had Mr. Pompeo, and the crown prince, the secretary of State said that the saudi leaders ” have denied emphatically knowing anything about what happened in their consulate in Istanbul.”

The crown prince “is committed to ensuring that the work of the prosecutor of saudi arabia to provide the world an explanation as complete and final in all transparency,” added Mike Pompeo. “I stressed the importance of conducting a thorough investigation, in a timely and transparent, and the saudi leaders have committed themselves to it “, assured the head of the american diplomacy.

An economic summit compromise

A conference held from 23 to 25 October by the sovereign wealth fund of saudi arabia to Riyadh is now compromised. It would serve as a showcase for the economic reforms launched by the crown prince Mohammed bin Salman, regarded as the strong man of saudi Arabia. But the list of companies cancelling their coming lies. The director-general of Société générale, Frédéric Oudéa, or Jean Lemierre, chairman of BNP Paribas have already cancelled their presence. Virginie Morgon (Eurazeo), Jean-Bernard Lévy (EDF) and Patrice Caine (Thales) have not yet make comments on their participation. Christine Lagarde, the boss of the international monetary Fund (IMF), has also delayed his trip to the Middle East, which included a step to Riyadh for the conference.

At the international level, these are the ones that have already announced their absence. John Flint, chief executive officer of HSBC, Tidjane Thiam, managing director of Credit Suisse and Ajay Banga, CEO of MasterCard are to be included among the defections. Three companies that are among the eight “strategic partners” of the conference, as well as Siemens, whose boss Joe Kaeser has not cancelled his trip. It is also found in this list : Jamie Dimon (JPMorgan Chase), Larry Fink (BlackRock), Stephen Schwarzman (Blackstone), or even Bill Winters (Standard Chartered).

On the same subject, The dark side of the modernization of saudi arabia

LEAVE A REPLY